Friday, July 13, 2012

The Jump


A/N: I was trying to make something in first person and put you in a situation. I'm not sure if I succeeded or not, but here goes anyway :) Comments would be appreciated and loved <3 So.... Tell me watcha think! :)



One step.
Two steps.
Three steps.
I ran like there was no tomorrow.
Inhale.
Exhale.
I took a deep breath, feeling the wind in my hair, the harsh sun in my face.
I looked at the scene quickly passing before me.
Green. Brown. Blue.
Trees. Sand. Sky and water.
I stopped.
Just before I reached the end of the cliff.
My heart pounded in my chest and I looked at the waters below me.
It was a deep ocean blue color.
The waves crashed angrily against the cliff side and I inhaled deeply again.
My nostrils were filled with the scent of the ocean - that distinct smell . A little salty.
I missed the feeling it gave me.
Freedom.  Varying happiness and melancholy.


I backed up a few steps; changing my mind for a second, but I pushed it away.
There was this strong pull from the waves that didn’t stop crashing on the rocks beneath me.
I needed this.
I heard the muted voices of my friends calling my name so I backed up and ran.
And when I didn't know it was in me, I jumped!
I felt the ground leave my feet and I was in the air.
I felt the wind in my hair, surrounding me, its scent engulfing me, carrying me over the water.
I moved my body into a dive and I inhaled, filling my lungs until I couldn’t take in anymore.
I just stared at the clear water that was getting clearer and clearer the closer I got to the water with the beat of my heart strongly pounding in my chest.

Then it happened.
I felt it.
My hands quickly pierced through the surface of the water;
cooling my face, torso then swallowing me whole.
I felt fresher, lighter, as it surrounded my heated and excited body.
I relaxed and let myself sink deeper and deeper and deeper.
I closed my eyes to just... feel.
I let the waves rock me, almost lulling me to sleep;
maybe I was just running out of oxygen, I didn’t know.
Feeling light headed and the harsh burn in my lungs, I rushed to the surface of the water and broke free.

I sat up breathing heavily.
I panicked and quickly gulped down air, filling my deprived lungs. 
I was panting like I just ran a marathon. 
I was breathing hard like I did something extreme, like I  went cliff diving.
I looked around then realized where I was.
I smiled to my self and fell back onto my bed once again.
It was all a dream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment